1. For anyone interested in swimming and diving, there will be a meeting tonight at 7:00 pm. Students are encouraged to bring their
parents to the half hour meeting which will be held in the High School
ANNOUNCEMENTS - WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2016
tickets for Friday's game vs Edison are on sale in the high school
office. Presale tickets are $5. At the gate, all tickets will be $6.
Reminder to Senior girls interested in getting an "I Love Huron
Football" shirt - forms and money are due to Lucky Stone by this Friday, October 14th.
4. Attention all juniors going on the class trip, first payment is due this Thursday (no school on Friday).
5. The Crucial Catch t-shirts will be delivered to the High School during the lunch periods today. Pink
bandanas and bracelets will be for sale at that time also. Pink bandanas are available for $2.00
and the bracelets are $1.00. All of the money raised will go to the
American Cancer Society! Thank you for your support.
6. Attention Students interested in Nursing: BGSU Firelands College offers:
- LCCC Associate Degree Registered Nursing Program
- LCCC ACCESS LPN to RN Program
- BGSU RN to BSN Program
There will be informational sessions about these programs tonight from 2-4 p.m. and Wednesday, Oct. 12th 6-8 p.m. (Both in the Cedar Point Center Auditorium)
7. The American Legion's Americanism & Government Test will be given here at Huron High School during 6th and 7th periods on Friday, October 21. Interested students should see Mrs. Merckens to sign up and get a helpful study guide.
8. New scholarships available for Seniors:
Ronald McDonald House Scholarship Program –
Seeking high school seniors who are exemplary role models in their
communities and have the initiative to fulfill their educational goals.
More information can be found at www.rmhc.org or to apply online at https://aim.applyists.net/RMHC DEADLINE IS JANUARY 18, 2017.
2017 Honors Graduation Multimedia Scholarship - Students are to submit projects in either; Art, Photography, Music,
Creative Writing. Five students will be each awarded $1,000 toward
college tuition(one per category). Students reflect on this year's
prompt: Represent your views about the concepts of education vs.
learning. Submit projects to http://honorsgradu.com/scholarship/
9. Picture retake day for underclassmen (grades 9-11) through Ripcho is scheduled for Monday, October 17 @ 7:30am. If you were not happy with your photo taken earlier in the school year, please be sure and bring that packet with you on October 17. Extra packets are located in the high school office for those who missed pictures altogether.
11. Seniors: The "Elks Student of the Month" applications are available in the Guidance office. If selected as a student of the month, you will not only be entered into the local scholarship competition but also have your bio in the Sandusky
Register and be invited to a scholarship dinner in May. There are
numerous scholarship opportunities available so don't hesitate to apply!
Applications are due by Monday, October 31st.
12. Attention all students who take plan on taking a College Credit Plus course online or at Firelands this Spring: You must sign up for a 15 minute time slot in Guidance to meet with Sophia Jackson or Amy Planthaber.
Once you have your meeting and credit check, a hold will be removed
from your account. Seniors will meet on with Mrs. Fahr and BG advisors
on Friday 10/28 and Juniors and underclassman will meet on Monday 10/31. 13. College reps who will be in the Student Union the week of October 10th, 2016:
October 12th. - 9:15 a.m. Otterbein University
October 12th - 12:45pm Air National GuardOctober 13th. - 1:00 p.m. Bluffton University
Students are reminded to sign up in advance in the Guidance office.
14. Lunch today is bosco breadsticks.