Boys golf @ Clyde 4:00pm
HURON HIGH SCHOOL
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2015
1. The Tiger tennis team downed Edison 4-1 last night. Delaney Black won
at 1st, Elizabeth Mills garnered another win at 2nd and Katey Franks
made it a singles sweep with a win at 3rd. The 2nd doubles team of
Abbey Black and Gretchen Blackwell also won.
2. The Girls golf team defeated Edison 155-167 to move into a tie for first
place. Leading the way was Kylie Greulich, shooting a sterling 33,
followed by Julia Hippely with a 39 and Rachel Stadler with a 40. Also
scoring for the Lady Tigers was Caitlyn McNulty with a career low 43.
The team travels to Norwalk on Thursday for the SBC Championships at Eagle Creek.
3. Attention all Juniors planning on going on the class trip to Washington
D.C. There will be a mandatory meeting for you and your parents to
attend on Wednesday, Sept. 30 at 7:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.
tickets are on sale for $10. If you're bringing a guest, you must have
the proper paperwork prior to purchasing the ticket. Reminder, no
tickets will be sold at the door.
Ehove students may purchase Homecoming tickets in room 99 (library computer lab) in the morning this week.
5. The homecoming parade & bonfire will be held tonight at 7pm.
6. Spirit Week attire:
Pajama Wednesday, College Gear Thursday and for Friday...Seniors wear red, juniors wear gray, sophomores wear white and freshman wear black.
7. Seniors: This is
the last week to apply for The "Elks Student of the Month"!!
Applications are available in the guidance office. If selected as a
student of the month, you will not only be entered into the local
scholarship competition but also have your bio in the Sandusky Register
and be invited to a scholarship dinner in May. There are numerous
scholarship opportunities available so don't hesitate to apply! The deadline is fast approaching so don't miss out on this great opportunity! Applications are due by this Friday, September 25.
8. The Sandusky State Theater vocalocity Show Choir invites students ages11-18 to attend auditions on Tuesday Oct 6th or Weds Oct 7th from 6:30-8:30.
See the fliers around the building for more information. An
information sheet is also available on the counter in the office.
9. Attention Art Students: Any student interested in Art Club should sign up in the art room any time this week.
10. Any student who would like to serve as a student tutor during their
study hall should see Ms. Ryan sometime this week. Tutoring is community
service and is a wonderful thing to brag about on your resume. All
subject areas are needed.
looking for community service hours - Making Strides Against Breast
Cancer walk of Erie County is looking for volunteers on Saturday,
October 24th, at the James McBride Arboretum @ Firelands College. They
are looking for volunteers to work in registration, accounting room, the
fun tent, merchandise tent and water stop tables. As a volunteer you
will get a special volunteer long sleeve shirt and a light breakfast.
Volunteers will need to be at the park at 7am and should be done by 11am. To sign up for this opportunity please go their website; makingstrideswalk.org/eriecounty. There are also pamphlets outside the high school office is someone would want to join the walk!
12. Any student interested in taking the PSAT test on October 14th are to sign up in the Guidance department by Thursday, October 8th. The cost is $15. Preferred payment would be with a check or money order.
13. Lunch today is bacon cheeseburger or a buffalo chicken wrap.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES