Huron High School
Announcements - Monday, 4/1/19
1. NHS is hosting a School Supply Drive during the first two weeks of April to help out Shawnee and Woodlands. Bring in school supplies to your 5th period class at any time until Friday, April 12th. The class with the most supplies brought in will receive a sundae bar the day before Easter Break, April 18th. Please refer to the flyers around the school for a list of supplies!
2. Huron High School presents Bye Bye Birdie! this weekend with shows
Friday and Saturday at 7pm and Sunday at 2pm. Tickets will be sold during
lunch this week on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Tickets are $10.
Please come out and support this amazing cast!
Any student interested in taking TLC next year must turn in an
application to Mrs. Bender by Friday, April 5th. You will be contacted
for an interview after all applications have been received.
4. Reminder to students planning to take the UF Anatomy & Physiology
- Make sure to apply to the University of Findlay (CCP application),
and that you have taken the Accuplacer test. Please turn in your Accuplacer test results along with the UF Course Selection Sheet with a parent signature to Mrs. Smith.
5. Game night at the Huron Public Library Tuesday starting at 6pm. Wednesday is Euchre Night starting at 6:30pm.
If you're bored on a Saturday, don't be! Stop by the Library and learn how to play Chess on Saturday from 10am - 12:30pm.
if you've been avoiding the Library because you have past overdue
fines, don't worry! Food for Fines week begins Saturday, April 7 and
goes until April 13. An HPL overdue fine will be waived for each
non-perishable food item you bring in during this week!
6. Attention Juniors and Seniors! AfterProm party @ Kalahari Waterpark! Get selling those 50/50 raffle tickets to offset the cost of your AfterProm ticket. For every 6 tickets you sell, your name will be entered into a weekly raffle to win a $25 gift card. Please turn your sold ticket stubs and money into the office and sign out more tickets to sell if needed. The person who sells the most 50/50 tickets in the end will win a $50 gift card of their choice.
7. An additional day has been scheduled to meet with the CCP advisors from Firelands College for Monday April 8th.
Please stop into the HHS Counseling office to make sure you have
scheduled a time to meet with them on either April 8th or April 18th.
8. Reminder to students who are planning to take CCP classes for the first
time - If you have not already taken the Accuplacer test, call Firelands College at (419) 372-0886 to schedule as soon as possible.
9. Lunch today is buffalo chicken tots or a chicken patty sandwich.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Boys Tennis @ Avon 4:00pm
Varsity Softball & Baseball vs Oak Harbor 4:45pm @ Woodlands fields