1. There will be Open Field for baseball today from 4pm-5pm at Woodlands.
ANNOUNCEMENTS - WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2016
2. Seniors - Jostens will be here on Tuesday, October 28th,
during lunches, to take any graduation orders for those of you who
might have missed them earlier in the month. If you have any questions,
please stop into the high school office.
3. There will be a brief meeting for all students planning on traveling to Europe during the summer of 2018 tonight in the Student Union at 6:00pm. Please see Mrs. Arambula or Ms. Ryan if you need any information or are not able to attend.
4. For those of you who missed the swim meeting or bowling sign-ups - there is information in the high school office.
yearbooks from the 15-16 school year are available for a short time in
the high school office. Cost is $65. Checks can be made out to Huron
6. The Teen Library Council at the Huron Public Library will have an after-hours Halloween Party on Saturday, October 22, from 7 pm - midnight. Members are asked to pick up a permission slip before the event. Costumes are mandatory. Everyone is asked to bring
candy and a midnight breakfast item to share. Questions? Contact Ms Carol.
Presale tickets for Friday's football game at Clyde are on sale in the high school office. Presale is $5. At the gate, they will be $6.
8. Huron cheerleaders are sponsoring "Kiss a Senior Goodbye” from 10/20/16 through 10/27/16. For $1 you can purchase 2 messages during lunch periods. These messages
will be delivered on Friday, 10/28/16, attached with a handful of chocolate kisses! So send your favorite senior a kiss!
9. Attention Seniors: Elks Student of the Month application deadline is quickly approaching. Stop into the Guidance office for an application. DEADLINE MONDAY, OCTOBER 31st.
10. BGSU Full Tuition Scholarship - Presidential Scholars Award is a
full-fee, renewable scholarship. A scholarship competition will be
hosted in January for selected students. To learn more about
requirements and to apply, please refer to scholarship list in your
Naviance accounts. DEADLINE TO APPLY IS DECEMBER 5, 2016.
11. On Monday, October 31st, Lourdes University will be here at 1:30. Please come to the Guidance office to sign up to meet with their admissions representative.
12. Attention all students who take plan on taking a College Credit Plus course online or at Firelands this Spring: You must sign up for a 15 minute time slot in Guidance to meet with Sophia Jackson or Amy Planthaber.
Once you have your meeting and credit check, a hold will be removed
from your account. Seniors will meet on with Mrs. Fahr and BG advisors
on Friday 10/28 and Juniors and underclassman will meet on Monday 10/31.
13. Lunch today is a buffalo chicken wrap.
14. Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Tuesday, October 25th, from 3-7pm. If interested, call the high school office to schedule an appointment.